Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Knowledge and Death

Day 36
- Kevin Higgins spoke about Muslim beliefs
- found out Mr. Aikens, my AP Government teacher in my senior teacher in high school died Tuesday morning from a stroke. Amy Breeding let me cry in her arms. Mr. Aikens was a BIG impact on my life, and I owe so much to him. Senior year was NOT a good year for me, and he was a large part of why there was any happiness in my life at that time. He will be greatly missed by so many people.
- Pastor Dave spoke about Revelation 2:1-7

Day 37
- attended a Muslim Mosque, and the guy who talked to us was Christian, and saw that he "expanded into Muslim instead of converting." Yeah...he was an interesting guy...
- small group date night turned into the group watching Count of Monte Cristo, for it was the first time I'd ever seen it. and Puppy Chow was served!! (rice chex covered with a peanut butter and chocolate mixture, and coated by powdered sugar)

Day 38-39
- 5:30am, left for San Diego
- listened to Busers leading the Iteri tribe to Christ
- fireworks at 9:30pm because we were by Sea World
- chairs into beds, two guys slept outside on tables
- learned how to surf, but didn't do so well
- crazy bad sunburn because I fell asleep on my stomach on my towel

Day 40
- group picture, everyone wearing school shirts
- learned about Buddhism
- Dodger’s game…won 10-3
- hotdog eating contest, all you can eat section…nachos, popcorn, dodger dogs, peanuts, and drinks

No comments: